Featured Winter 2019 Recipe
Cold Spiced Cider
- 2 cups (500 mL) apple cider (for mulling)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 star anise
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 in (5 cm) fresh ginger, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup (250 mL) bourbon
- 2 12-oz (355 mL) bottles hard pear cider
- 2 cups (500 mL) cold apple cider (for finishing)
- 1 tbsp orange zest, for garnish
- 8 star anise, for garnish
In a small saucepan on medium heat, combine apple cider, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, orange slices, and ginger and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes to make a concentrate. Set aside and let cool.
Combine mulled apple cider, bourbon, pear cider, and cold apple cider in a large cocktail pitcher. Stir well and pour over ice. Garnish with orange zest and start anise.
Makes 8 servings.
Chowgirls Killer Party Food: Righteous Bites & Cocktails for Every Season
© 2019 Chowgirls Killer Catering. All Rights Reserved.